Expert Witness Services
We comply with Rule 702 of Civil Procedures to handle expert witness services with our highly-qualified team of experts. These rules stipulate that an expert should provide testimony based on scientific facts and data, using reliable methods, and apply these principles & methods to the facts of the case.
Rule 702. Testimony by Expert Witnesses
A witness who is qualified as an expert by knowledge, skill, experience, training, or education may testify in the form of an opinion or otherwise if:
(a) the expert’s scientific, technical, or other specialized knowledge will help the trier of fact to understand the evidence or to determine a fact in issue;
(b) the testimony is based on sufficient facts or data;
(c) the testimony is the product of reliable principles and methods; and
(d) the expert has reliably applied the principles and methods to the facts of the case.
Areas of Expertise
Technical Expert Witness
(a) PhD-level and MS EE engineers from corporations in technology and ex-Fortune 500 experts, in Computer Science, Mobile Computing, Hardware, Networking, Operating Systems;
(b) Assistance with Patent litigation: Invalidity Contentions, Claim Charts, Infringement Contentions, and completing an “Expert Report”;
(c) Assistance with Inter-parties Review (IPRs / PTAB);
(d) Assistance in trade secret cases and software-related litigation;
(e) Deposition and Trial Experience;
(f) Review software, log analysis, code reviews, hardware/software from networks to source code, hands-on dissection of code and hardware;
(a) Loss of revenues for patent infringement cases, damages reports,
(b) Reasonable royalties and case law for wireless communications systems
Expert Witnesses for Technical and Damages are within our realm, we can assist your case. Call Us for an interview!
Our Expert Witness Experience
- University of Florida Research Foundation, Inc. et. al. v. Motorola Mobility LLC. Filed in U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Florida – Case settled in 2014 (Deposed)
- Virtela Technology Services Andrew Funk, File in the US District Court of Denver, Colorado, Expert Witness for Andrew Funk – Case Settled in 2016.
- Del Castillo v. Bank of America – Expert Witness for Bank of America – Case settled 2017
- Seven Networks Google – Expert Witness for Seven Networks – 2017
- Blue Radios Kopin – Expert Witness for Blue Radios– Colorado – 2017 – ongoing (Deposed)
- Mobility Workx T-Mobile – Case Settled – 2017 (Deposed)
- Mobility Workx Verizon Wireless, Damages Expert Witness for Mobility Workx, LLC in E.D. Texas – 2017 – ongoing (Deposed , Case Settled)
- Mobile Manufacturer Carrier, Eastern District of Texas, Expert Witness for Mobile Manufacturer (Confidential & Settled) in 2017
- Talent Mobile Development Headios Group (California Federal Court, 2018 Trademark/Mobile Software) – Jury trial testimonial with 700k award to my client (Trial Testimony)
- Key West Golf Club Cable Provider – Preliminary study – Key West, FL, 2019
- Express Mobile DreamHost, LLC – Expert Witness – US District Court of Delaware – 2019
- Stone v. AT&T, Vehicle – Expert Witness – Expert Witness for AT&T on TCPA Matters, MMS Messaging – US District of San Diego, 2019 (Deposed, Settled)
- XCommerce Express Mobile, Express Mobile vs. BigCommerce, others – Expert Witness for Express Mobile. E.D District of Texas and California Northern District, Review code for client, claim charts, DOE, invalidity defenses, (Deposed, Trial Scheduled)
- Workspot v. Citrix – Expert Witness IPR2019-01002- – Expert Witness for CITRIX – PTAB, 2019 – (Deposed, Instituted but all claims held patentable)
- DISH Network LLC v. Multimedia Content Management LLC – IPR2019-01014 and IPR2019-01015, Expert Witness for Multimedia Content Management, LLC, 2019 (Not instituted, Not Instituted)
- TPI vs Keller Williams, Inc – Damages and Technical Expert Witness, Trade secrets, software, Texas, 2020 (Deposed, Settled)
- Bell Northern Research, LLC LG Electronics, Inc., et al, Infringement & Validity Federal Court, IPRs (3), California, Settled, Terminated Institution
- Bell Northern Research, LLC Samsung et al, Infringement & Validity Federal Court, IPRs (3), California, Assisting infringements reports & damages models, Technical Expert Reports – Case Settled, 2 IPRs not instituted
- TCL – assistance & consulting for several patents and IP cases.
- Barkan Sprint – E.D. of Texas, Technical Expert Reports, Invalidity and Infringement Reports, Deposed (Case Settled)
- Kaiffi T-Mobile, Verizon – E.D. of Texas, Technical Expert Reports (Streaming and wireless) (Withdrawn by Client)
- Flexiworld Amazon, others, Texas Western District, Technical Expert Reports (Streaming Technologies) (Withdrawn)
- Contour Data Solutions v. Gridforce, CDW – Pennsylvania E.D., Technical Expert Reports (Data Center, Cloud, Trade Secrets)
- Mediatek, et. al v. Nippon Telegraph, Nippon Telegraph Media Tek IPR2020-01607, Declaration and Reports, IPR and US District court (Modulation, RF, OFDM, other wireless comm issues, Deposed IPR, Validity and Infringement).
- Netapp v. Proven Networks, IPR2020-01436, Declaration and Reports, and Federal Circuit Case, Proven Networks v. NetApp, Deposed for IPR
- BNR (Mobile / Wireless Patents) – ITC Case U.S. International Trade Commission Investigation No. 337-TA-3568, Certain Electronic Devices Having Wireless Communication Capabilities and Components – Ongoing – Mobility Patents, WIFI
- L2MT vs Google – moved to the Northern District of California, Claim Construction Assistance (on hold)
- Gravel Inc T-Mobile, Amazon, and other defendants – E.D. of Texas
- Eric Mendis vs. BMW – Expert Report on BMW Wireless Charger System
- Advising – Pre-trial / 4 Confidential Defendants/Plaintiffs (2013-2014)
Code Reviews Experience
Our experience in code reviews is extensive (more details).
- Honduran Government, “National Institute of Properties,” Multi-million-dollar platform transferred from the World Bank to the Honduran Government – Code Review for Java, .NET, and Cybersecurity in 2017-2018
- Auditing of Honduran Elections, Forensics and fraud detection and analysis (Pro-Bono) in 2018
- Auditing of Honduran Elections, Forensics and fraud detection (2021)
- Code Reviews & Clean Room Environments
- C/C++ sources from several vendors in 802.11, LTE, 3G systems, Bluetooth, BSP Systems, Augmented Reality, Wearable
- PowerShell and others for a Windows platform
- Code Reviews:
IPRs and PTAB Expertise
- Workspot vs Citrix– Expert Witness IPR2019-01002-– Expert Witness for CITRIX – PTAB, (All claims held patentable) PTAB judges agreed with my analysis.
- DISH Network LLC vs Multimedia Content Management LLC– IPR2019-01014 and IPR2019-01015, Expert Witness for Multimedia Content Management, LLC (Denied, Not Instituted)
- LG Electronics v. BNR – Expert Witness for BNR – IPR2020-00108 for U.S. Patent No. 8,416,862 (Terminated, Settlement)
- SAMSUNG v. BNR – Expert Witness for BNR – IPR2020-00611 (Denied) and IPR2020-00613 (Not Instituted) for U.S. Patent No. 8,416,862 – Settled (e.g. https://ptab.uspto.gov/036e63b4-9123-465b-b453-c3aa3c2ea4e)
- Mediatek v. Nippon Telegraph, Inc – Expert witness for Nippon Telegraph IPR2020-01607, (Instituted, ongoing)
- Netapp vs. Proven Networks, Inc – Expert Witness for Proven Networks, IPR2020-01436 (Ongoing).